David Engster writes: > Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: >> But how about if we just cheat and put all the information on the IMAP >> server? > > I think it's a good idea, but I'd like it even more if this could be > somehow hooked into some existing framework for storing data remotely, > and that framework in Emacs is Tramp. > > Ted coded IMAP support for Tramp a while ago, but it was removed again > for reasons I don't know. I thin the key question here is Is what gnus-sync needs just a network filesystem, or something special? If it works with a filesystem, then one can use all sorts of things, depending on what makes sense. Some people might want sync but not have an IMAP account (but then they probably have a news-only use case). But IMAP seems like a good place, as many people will already have it set up. I think the hard part is the conflict/merge model, for use with clients in different places.