Angel de Vicente writes: > Hi, > > Tassilo Horn writes: >>> I have modified gnus-posting-styles so that I will use an alternative >>> mail address when replying to a certain mailing list and it works >>> fine, but I would like that when I compose a new mail to that list the >>> From header is also "automagically" modified to that alternative mail >>> address. I didn't find anything obvious in the gnus-posting-styles >>> section in the manual (or surroundings). Is there an easy way to >>> acomplish that? >> >> Simply set point on the group whose posting style you want to use, and >> then hit `C-u m' instead of only `m'. Or hit `C-u 1 m', and Gnus will >> query you for the group whose posting style you want to use. > > This is for a mailing list, not a newsgroup. I get the mails through my > regular IMAP mail, and when replying the From address is changed OK, > thanks to the following rule in my gnus-posting-styles > > ((header "to" ".*visit-users.*") (address "angel.....@gmail.com")) > > So I don't think your idea would work? In any case, even for a post to a > newsgroup, I don't seem go get the headers modified if I use C-u m or > C-u 1 m I read lists in IMAP, with them pre-filtered into IMAP folders. So they are also 'groups' in gnus.