* epg problem?
@ 2007-11-19 16:24 Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2007-11-19 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8, Size: 1127 bytes --]

I have been using gnus and epg for a while, and things have generally
worked well.  I just tried to send a message with the following from
machine with up-to-date gnus cvs and epg cvs and emacs 22.1.1 (plus
NetBSD/4 on i386).  Bogusly quoted to avoid interpretation by this gnus:

  <&sharp;secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

When trying to send, I was prompted for passphrase (no agent running)
and then it failed with:

byte-code: Wrong number of arguments: #[(context operation) "\b¢Â=„\x0e\0ÄÅ\bD\"ˆ\bAÆ	I‡" [context operation epg-context signal wrong-type-argument epg-context-p 14] 4 ("/usr/pkg/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epg.elc" . 13659)], 1

After nuking the .elc files and restarting emacs and trying again with

  <&sharp;secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

I get the more friendly:

byte-code: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (context operation) "Set the name of the current cryptographic operation." (unless (eq (car-safe context) (quote epg-context)) (signal (quote wrong-type-argument) (list (quote epg-context-p) context))) (aset (cdr context) 14 operation)), 1

Has anyone else seen this?

* Re: epg problem?
@ 2007-11-20  7:39 ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2007-11-20  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Troxel; +Cc: ding

2007/11/20, Greg Troxel <gdt@work.lexort.com>:
> I just tried to send a message with the following from
> machine with up-to-date gnus cvs and epg cvs and emacs 22.1.1 (plus
> NetBSD/4 on i386).  Bogusly quoted to avoid interpretation by this gnus:

Sorry for inconvenience.

> byte-code: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (context operation) "Set the name of the current cryptographic operation."

That looks like a bug which was caused by my change mistakenly
installed to the epg trunk (instead of an experimental branch).  I
just backed out the change and I believe it is fixed now.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: epg problem?