I have modified gnus-posting-styles so that I will use an alternative mail address when replying to a certain mailing list and it works fine, but I would like that when I compose a new mail to that list the From header is also "automagically" modified to that alternative mail address. I didn't find anything obvious in the gnus-posting-styles section in the manual (or surroundings). Is there an easy way to acomplish that? You forgot to include the content of gnus-posting-styles :-) Are you using "a" from the group buffer, or explicitly creating a mail message?