I'm using S/MIME*, with gnus/epg and gpgsm from gnupg 2.0.29. Generally this works. But I am finding that encrypted mail sent to some people who use Microsoft Outlook cannot be read by them (and I haven't been able to get any more useful information). Some Outlook-using people can receive simple encrypted text, but not encrpyted mail with attached megabyte-class tarballs. Mail sent to OS X Mail.app and Thunderbird mostly works. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Are people convinced that the messages produced by gnus/egp/gpgsm 100% comply with standards? * Yes, I know that S/MIME has a lot of issues and that most here would tell me to use OpenPGP. As you can see by this message, that's what I do in most situations. But in this case my goal is to interoperate with people who theoretically have S/MIME as part of already-installed proprietary clients on machines they cannot control. Lecturing them about Software Freedom, while enjoyable, is unlikely to be useful in the short term :-)