Eric Abrahamsen writes: > So someone just emailed me their public PGP key. I can save the MIME > attachment to a file, then call "gpg --import thekey.key", but the > resulting key isn't associated with their email address, and therefore > I'm not able to send them encrypted emails, at least not by default. > > Does anyone have a clever function for importing an attached key and > automatically associating it with the email address which sent it? Or > somehow doing it after the fact? I've been googling for a while now, and > haven't found the answer... There are three separate issues lurking here: 1) getting the key to gpg --import 2) how to record an email address -> pubkey mapping 3) how to do (2) automatically 1 and 3 are certainly useful code to share, but don't seem super tricky. I am curious what people are doing for 2. bbdb? Also, are you using epg? It seems that is the preferred way (over pgg) these days, and it's what I use.