* Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-30 11:38 Per Abrahamsen
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-01-30 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if you
decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the buffer with
`C-x k RET'.  I suggest `C-c C-k' should remove the buffer from the
draft directory, and kill it (after asking for confirmation).

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-30 13:47 ` Kai Grossjohann
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-30 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Per> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if
  Per> you decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the
  Per> buffer with `C-x k RET'. [...]

I still do that.  Am I doing something terribly wrong?

        kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-30 15:01 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-01-30 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

PA> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if you
PA> decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the buffer with
PA> `C-x k RET'.  I suggest `C-c C-k' should remove the buffer from the
PA> draft directory, and kill it (after asking for confirmation).

I agree.  The old behavior of Gnus and mail was ask about the unfinished
message.  Now, if I do mail/post again, it just opens a new *Mail Gnus* buffer
and sticks the old message in the drafts group.

However, I just tried to edit an old draft that I could read in the Draft
group, but when I did 'S D c' to continue editing a draft it gave me an
error.  And when I just tried it again (to get a backtrace), the message
had disappeared from the Draft group.

I would also like to be warned that there are unfinished/undeleted drafts
sitting in the Draft group when I leave Gnus, in case I forgot to finish
writing a message.

--
Jack Vinson                       jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
"I Spit on Your Grave"            -- double feature at the drive-in as seen

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-30 16:38   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-01-30 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if
Per> you decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the
Per> buffer with `C-x k RET'. [...]

KG> I still do that.  Am I doing something terribly wrong?

No, but you will then have to delete it from the nndraft:drafts group,
unless you `C-c M-d' it first.  And `C-c M-d C-x k RET' is a bit much
to type.

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-30 17:26   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-01-30 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if
Per> you decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the
Per> buffer with `C-x k RET'. [...]

Kai> I still do that.  Am I doing something terribly wrong?

By doing that you can end up with a lot of unfinished, partially saved,
unuseful draft articles.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-30 18:20     ` Thomas Neumann
From: Thomas Neumann @ 1996-01-30 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

In article  Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> Per> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if
> Per> you decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the
> Per> buffer with `C-x k RET'. [...]
>
> Kai> I still do that.  Am I doing something terribly wrong?
>
> By doing that you can end up with a lot of unfinished, partially saved,
> unuseful draft articles.

Maybe I missed it, but so what *is* the correct way to
do it now that the draft groups are in?

-t

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-31 17:35 ` David L Jackson
From: David L Jackson @ 1996-01-31 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> From ding-request@ifi.uio.no  Tue Jan 30 05:44:12 1996
> From: abraham@dina.kvl.dk (Per Abrahamsen)
> Date: 30 Jan 1996 12:38:05 +0100
>

> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if you
> decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the buffer with
> `C-x k RET'.  I suggest `C-c C-k' should remove the buffer from the
> draft directory, and kill it (after asking for confirmation).

Well thats better than me. I get all mail and postings put in nndrafts
even if I do send them.

David

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-01-31 20:46 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-31 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

abraham@dina.kvl.dk (Per Abrahamsen) writes:

> The drafts system is nice, but it has made it more difficult if you
> decide not to post/mail anyway.  I used just to kill the buffer with
> `C-x k RET'.  I suggest `C-c C-k' should remove the buffer from the
> draft directory, and kill it (after asking for confirmation).

Yup.  I've added this to September 0.33.

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-31 20:56   ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1996-01-31 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@ccs.neu.edu>          \ Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly
PGP Public Key: Ask for one today!  \ accelerate to dangerous speeds.

* Re: Killing *mail* and *postnews* buffers
@ 1996-01-31 21:05     ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1996-01-31 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@ccs.neu.edu>          \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
PGP Public Key: Ask for one today!  \ returned to its special container and