* Catching up from Group buffer doesn't expunge mail messages
@ 1995-12-13 18:00 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 1995-12-13 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe this is deliberate, but if I press "c" to catch up a mail group from
the *group* buffer, the unread messages in that group are neither
marked as expirable nor expunged, as they would be (given my
settings) if I pressed "c" to catch up from that group's Summary
buffer.

Richard Stanton

* Re: Catching up from Group buffer doesn't expunge mail messages
@ 1995-12-13 19:58 ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 1995-12-13 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote:

    RHS> Maybe this is deliberate, but if I press "c" to catch up a mail group from
    RHS> the *group* buffer, the unread messages in that group are
    RHS> neither marked as expirable nor expunged, as they would be
    RHS> (given my settings) if I pressed "c" to catch up from that
    RHS> group's Summary buffer.

Some followup (by the way, this is all using sgnus 0.21):

After pressing "c" in the Group buffer, if you later go into the
group's Summary buffer, so you can see the messages marked with "O",
pressing "c" now does NOT mark these messages as expirable. You have
to do it by hand.

Richard Stanton