From: Steve Harris <sharris@primus.com>
Subject: Re: Courier IMAP, nnimap and large UIDs
Date: 19 Jul 2000 10:48:20 -0700	[thread overview]

> Err.  So, what does it do with incoming Message-IDs?  This message
> should have a header similar to:

> where I'm not sure about the xxxxxxxxx part.  Are you saying that the
> qmail IMAP server rewrites the Message-ID headers of incoming messages?

No. Sorry, I think I mixed terminology again. The Message ID is as you
expect it - written by your server. Rather, I meant to say that the
*file name* given to the message in the maildir folder has the
"time.pid.host" format, and qmail is taking the first part of that
file name and using it as the UID. Does that make more sense?

--
Steven E. Harris
Primus Knowledge Solutions, Inc.