From: Steve Harris <sharris@primus.com>
Subject: Re: Courier IMAP, nnimap and large UIDs
Date: 19 Jul 2000 08:44:23 -0700	[thread overview]

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> writes:

[...]

> Courier allocate UIDs starting at 1 and increases this by one for new
> mails.  Maybe this has changed in recent versions?

My ISP is currently switching over to Courier, which only understands
maildir - hence my somewhat urgent tone lately on this issue. One of
the support guys at the ISP sent some test messages to the staged
server and showed me the message IDs, which carried the typical
time.pid.host stamp. I didn't get a chance to connect nnimap to it
yet, though, so I can't see what the IMAP server will send. The ISP
pointed out that since qmail is still doing the delivery, the message
IDs won't change just because Courier exposes the mailbox to IMAP. I'm
still confused about whether Courier could still present a different
UID to nnimap.

> Anyone with a Courier IMAP server that feel like debugging this to see
> what is really happening?  Especially a sample cur/courierimapuiddb
> would be interesting to see.  Mail me, I guess it's not terribly
> relevant on this mailing list.

Details may not be critical, but progress reports and ideas are
definitely relevant!

--
Steven E. Harris
Primus Knowledge Solutions, Inc.