From: Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:31:22 +1100	[thread overview]

    Per> You can use `C-c C-t' to add the "From" address to the list
    Per> of recipients.

Thanks for you response. This helps for one situation: replying
to a mailing list.

However, unless I am mistaken, it doesn't seem to help in any of these
two situations.

    Brian> - followup a newsgroup message to the newsgroup and send a
    Brian> CC to the original sender. eg, if original poster requests
    Brian> a CC.

I think the To field will prevent the news message from being
posted (unless I am mistaken).

    Brian> - when used with a mail2news gateway, and to-address is set
    Brian> to the address of the mailing list:

Actually, now I think about it, this probably would help. I was
thinking about it from the wrong perspective ;-)

I could create a followup message (F), then push C-c C-t,
and everything should setup as required.

    Per> There was some discussion recently about a similar command to
    Per> add the Cc's to the list of recipients, but it is not there
    Per> now.

That would be good. I think CC would be much more important
then To.

    Brian> I think this is related to the mail-copies-to header
    Brian> feature - does that apply to the Followup command or the
    Brian> Wide replies command? What is the default when no
    Brian> mail-copies-to header is included? Can this default be
    Brian> overridden?

Something that would interest me is knowing:

- I am reading a message in a group with the "to-address"
field set.
- This message has the field "mail-copies-to: always" (IIRC).
- I followup the message with 'F'.

Will a copy be sent to the original poster?

IMHO, "mail-copies-to" should override the setting for "to-address",
but would it?

--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>