* pop3 (again)
@ 1999-04-07  2:27 Chris Tessone
From: Chris Tessone @ 1999-04-07  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry to rehash an old (February) issue, but between the mailing list
archives and the documentation, I still can't get POP3 movemail
working under PGnus 0.80. I've never used POP3 in Gnus before, so this
is not an older-Gnus -> PGnus > 0.72 issue.

Here is the relevant stuff from my startup files:

in ~/.zshrc:
export MAILHOST="cappio.imsa.edu" # our POP3 server

in ~/.gnus:
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "")
      nnmail-pop-password "something"
      nnmail-pop-password-required t
      nnmail-spool-file '((pop :program "/home/fla/tessone/bin/movemail po:%u %t")))

I'm still not clear on how Gnus is supposed to find out %t and how
movemail is supposed to find out your password from that command line.

Chris

--
Chris Tessone              tessone@imsa.edu              tessone@fnal.gov
PH/Postmaster SNPC                                  Voice: (630) 907-5547