* Using epopmail for nnmail-movemail-program
@ 1998-11-02 19:19 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1998-11-02 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been successfully using Franklin Lee's extension to pop3.el for
retrieving my mail from a POP server.  However, there is one thing
happening that we don't know how to fix.

Whenever I try to type ahead, the code getting mail mail "stops" and gives
me the following message in the minibuffer:

	movemail: (error "Process POP not running") (255 return). Continue?
	(yes or no)

This happens if I try to type my password in advance, or if I try to hit
some movement keys while epopmail is retrieving the mail.

Does Gnus do something special with keyboard input while the
nnmail-movemail-program is running?

This is in Gnus 5.6.43.

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: I want the presidency so bad I can already taste the hors d'oeuvres.