* Feature suggestion - answering timeout for mail
@ 1998-02-15  2:06 Edvard Majakari
From: Edvard Majakari @ 1998-02-15  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

A friend of mine had a pretty nice idea, which was that one should be
able to set an answering time for a message. This function could be
called explicitly or if some magic variable were true, when entering
mail Gnus would ask when you should answer to this message.

Simply put, it would be very nice if you could set time(out) during
which you must answer it. For those people who have to handle a lot of
e-mails for work, this is an important feature.

Moreover, my friend just bragged about MS OutLook how it can do this
easily.

How it should be done, I haven't thought about it a lot. For example,
you could specify answering time in format ddmmyy (answer to this mail
before dd mm yy), +n (answer to this mail in n days) or just simply -
mark this article as 'should be answered' and show them as pending
mails each time gnus is started (similar mark compared to '!', but not
tick-mark because that is used for other purposes too).

Sorry for my messy English, but I've been awake a little too much.. :)

--
//Ed               GSM: 040 5960810     URL: http://lodge.ton.tut.fi/%7Eed/
You know, Callahan's is a peaceable bar, but if you ask that dog what his