* Creating .overview file?
@ 1997-12-04 13:28 jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1997-12-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

    I noticed that some of my overview files had disappeared and I
    have no clue how that happened. How do I let Gnus recreate them?
    And could gnus map over all nnml groups and create them automatically?

    jari

* Re: Creating .overview file?
@ 1997-12-04 13:43 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-12-04 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jari>     I noticed that some of my overview files had disappeared
  Jari>     and I have no clue how that happened. How do I let Gnus
  Jari>     recreate them?

M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET

--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/

* Re: Creating .overview file?
@ 1997-12-04 14:29   ` Stefan Waldherr
From: Stefan Waldherr @ 1997-12-04 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jari> I noticed that some of my overview files had disappeared and I have no
  Jari> clue how that happened. How do I let Gnus recreate them?

  Kai> M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET

Watch out. There was a patch in qgnus16 or qgnus17 that fixed a bug with this
particular funtion. You better download the newest version and then generate
the overview files.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Waldherr                office +1 (412) 268-3837
                                  fax +1 (412) 268-5576

* Re: Creating .overview file?
@ 1997-12-04 15:39     ` jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1997-12-04 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

 97-12-04 Stefan Waldherr <swa@cs.cmu.edu> list.ding
|   Jari> I noticed that some of my overview files had disappeared and I have no
|   Jari> clue how that happened. How do I let Gnus recreate them?
|
|   Kai> M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET
|
| Watch out. There was a patch in qgnus16 or qgnus17 that fixed a bug with this
| particular funtion. You better download the newest version and then generate
| the overview files.

Thanks a lot for the warning! Fortunately I'm running the latest here,
but i must keep this in mind for my other accounts.

jari