* Problems with Mailcrypt & PGnus 0.97
@ 1999-09-30 23:25 Thomas Hungenberg
From: Thomas Hungenberg @ 1999-09-30 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I just switched from PGnus 0.95 to 0.97 and was really happy
that viewing messages containing HTML works fine now here.

But now I had to notice that PGP-encrypting mails with Mailcrypt 3.5.4
doesn't work anymore. :-(
When trying to encrypt a message I always get:
"Cannot open load file: timer".

Any ideas?

      - Thomas

--
Thomas Hungenberg -- Student of Applied Computer Science
Private homepage: http://home.pages.de/~th/ -- ICQ-UIN: #3294439

* Re: Problems with Mailcrypt & PGnus 0.97
@ 1999-09-30 23:49 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-09-30 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover

* Re: Problems with Mailcrypt & PGnus 0.97
@ 1999-10-01 10:07   ` Thomas Hungenberg
From: Thomas Hungenberg @ 1999-10-01 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Sep 1999 19:49:57 -0400, Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> said:

> You are using XEmacs, which does not have the FSF Emacs timer facility.  Youq
> did not use the configure script that comes with Mailcrypt, so FSF-timer.el
> was not installed.  Use the configure script, read the INSTALL file, and
> rebuild Mailcrypt.  It should work after you do that.

This is _really_ strange - because it works fine with PGnus 0.95!
(Without timer.el installed by Mailcrypt!)

I just build Mailcrypt again - using the configure script as before.
The strange thing is that configure says that I have timer.el but I
can't find it anywhere on my system. So Mailcrypt did _not_ install
timer.el. After changing the name of "timer" in "configure.in" to
"timar" the timer.el was build (because "timar" was not found, of
couse) and installed and encryption works again now.

      - Thomas