* coding-system conflicts ?
@ 2002-09-27  8:15 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2002-09-27  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using the latest cvs Gnus + XEmacs native win32.
When I reply to some French message, the mm-* functions try to guess
what encoding is most appropriate. I have traced the behaviour to
return most of the times iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-9. Unfortunately, it
is not enough for the function `mm-find-mime-charset-region' to
convert everything to iso-8859-15. And the message is sent in 2 parts,
which is a bit annoying (If I reply using supercite, it can even be
split in much more parts, because coding is different for the cited
parts and for the ones I'm typing in).

So what's wrong ? Should the reply buffer coding system be set to
iso-8859-15 or is it xemacs which is wrongly guessing both -9 and -1
(where I suspect -1 only would be ok) ?

Thanks for any help,

--
Fabrice