* =?iso-* in from header, again?
@ 2004-06-03  0:56 Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2004-06-03  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am seeing raw rfc 2047 string in from headers, which I have not seen for a
long time, in recent cvs gnus:

 =?iso-8859-1?q?J=F8rn_Helge_B=2E_Dahl?= <foo@users.sourceforge.net>
 bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Johan_Bockg=E5rd?=)
 =?big5?q?Grace=20Au?= <barbarbar@yahoo.com>

Can anyone remind me which varible to set so that they can be decoded
automatically in summary buffer?

Thanks,
--
Danny Dick-Fung Siu              mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
Advanced Technology Group @ Adobe Systems Incorporated

* Re: =?iso-* in from header, again?
@ 2004-06-03  1:32 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-06-03  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am seeing raw rfc 2047 string in from headers, which I have not seen for a
> long time, in recent cvs gnus:

>  =?iso-8859-1?q?J=F8rn_Helge_B=2E_Dahl?= <foo@users.sourceforge.net>
>  bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Johan_Bockg=E5rd?=)
>  =?big5?q?Grace=20Au?= <barbarbar@yahoo.com>

> Can anyone remind me which varible to set so that they can be decoded
> automatically in summary buffer?

> Thanks,

How are they in the " *Original Article*" buffer?  If those
senders use the latest Gnus and put pre-encoded words into the
message buffer, it is likely to happen.  See the following
thread:

http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/thread=57540

Setting the rfc2047-encode-encoded-words as nil may help them.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

* Re: =?iso-* in from header, again?
@ 2004-06-03  1:47   ` Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2004-06-03  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: sigurd@12move.de (Karl =?iso-8859-1?q?Pfl=E4sterer?=)
From: =?big5?q?Grace=20Au?= <tulipwing@yahoo.com>

The first sender is using Gnus while the second is using yahoo web mail.

  Katsumi> http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/thread=57540

  Katsumi> Setting the rfc2047-encode-encoded-words as nil may help them.

Hmm.  It doesn't help.  Still seeing =?iso stuff in Summary and Article
buffers.