* Gnus 5.10.2 - agent and lost marks
@ 2003-05-18 23:40 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-05-18 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been noticing recently that often I'll mark a message as
expirable or read or I'll use gnus-summary-kill-thread, and then do a
gnus-summary-rescan-group and the message comes back.  For a while I
thought I was hallucinating, or that it was only happening to messages
whose bodies had not been downloaded yet.  Today I got a message from
RMS about an elisp patch I posted to the emacs.devel NG, and no matter
what I do to it, it keeps coming back.  It's spooky!  Are messages
from RMS given some special status in emacs?

Seriously, though: this is pretty weird.  This is happening in my
agentized nnimap inbox.  Is there something I can/should do about
it?  I'm happy to run a few experiments if it will be useful...

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting