From: Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: [Newbe] Few questions...
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:42:51 +0200	[thread overview]

Boris DAIX <Boris.Daix@insa-lyon.fr> writes:

>    - How to get T H effect ON when I go in Group and Summary buffers
>      without to have to type it once (I'd prefer hiding empty groups
>      and threads by default - I use topics in group
>      buffer) ?

Add this to your .gnus.el file:

(setq gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)

To find information about threads, use the built-in info reader
in emacs like this:

`C-h i m gnus [RET] i thread [RET]'

(C-h means to press CTRL and h simultaneously.)

Read more on the subject by pressing [SPACE].

>    - How to get subject and author inversed in summary buffer (my
>      gnus-summary-line-format is the default for the moment but it
>      doesn't contain what I would like to switch...) ?

Again, info is your friend:

`C-h i m gnus [RET] i gnus-summary-line-format [RET] ,'

(The `,' is used to move between index search results.)

>    - Why drafts shown in my group buffer can't be hidden if I read
>      them/mark them expirable and run the expire process on this group
>      (the group comes to 0 articles, but if I make g it comes back
>      like if there were new drafts) ?

You can't mark articles in the nndraft group as read, all
articles are permanently unread. Use `B [DEL]' if you want
to delete drafts.

>    - When I initially launch gnus, how to see all NGs on server (A z,
>      A k, A l <n> with n=1,2,3 don't show me anything except new NGs
>      (one or two of them) with A z) without to do B nntp
>      <my.nntp.entenred.in.dot.gnus) ?

Gnus only shows subscribed newsgroups with new messages. To
see all subscribed newsgroups press `L'. Does this do what
you want?

Niklas