From: dcohen@webmethods.com
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Switched IMAP servers, lost marks
Date: 07 Feb 2002 15:01:31 -0800	[thread overview]

> Nnimap uses marks from the server, so unless you confused Gnus somehow
> (e.g., by chosing the same Gnus server name for both of your servers)
> I think this is a server problem.

Hmmm... All I did was change my nnimap-address in my .gnus.  So, I
simply started connecting to the new server in place of the old
one.  I didn't try to connect to both servers at once.  Is it a
problem that I left the server name the same?

My gnus-select-method once got mail from "nexus", and now from
"escapo", like so:

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "dcohen@webmethods.com"
;                (nnimap-address "nexus")
               (nnimap-address "escapo")
                (nnimap-expunge-on-close ask)
                (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "mail/*" "*") )
                ))

> If both your servers are online, maybe you can copy your mailboxes
> using Gnus which should preserve marks.

This may be a good option for me.  Sorry for the dumb question, but
can you tell me how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

-Dave