Florian> Florian Weimer 0> In article <87hfcdwnwi.fsf@deneb.cygnus.argh.org>, Florian wrote: Florian> I'd suggest the following change to mailcap.el: Florian> Florian> - ("emacs-lisp" Florian> - (viewer . mailcap-maybe-eval) Florian> - (type . "application/emacs-lisp")) Florian> Florian> This feature is just too dangerous to be enabled by default. Florian> Florian> If there aren't any objections, I'll remove it. Instead of `mailcap-maybe-eval', I use the following function to display elisp parts highlighted with the usual font-locking: .gnus> (defun mm-display-elisp-inline (handle) .gnus> (let (text) .gnus> (with-temp-buffer .gnus> (mm-insert-part handle) .gnus> (emacs-lisp-mode) .gnus> (font-lock-fontify-buffer) .gnus> (setq text (buffer-string))) .gnus> (mm-insert-inline handle text))) Perhaps it's possible to do this without invoking (emacs-lisp-mode), by `let'ing the appropriate font-lock variables instead. Could we make this the default? In fact, you might consider all of the following: