* broken? was: horrid color choices in 5.4.25
@ 1997-03-11 16:17 Matthew H. Savoie
From: Matthew H. Savoie @ 1997-03-11 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:
>
> |>  I think one can draw the conclusion that the new colors are an
> |>  incomplete success.  :-)

Not that I don't like the new colors, but is there something new broken with
the scheme.  I was meeting a friend for drinks at a local brewpub at
8:30 and found this line to be hilighted in my *wide reply....* buffer.
Therefore: I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed?  Should be
fixed or is just strange behavior.  Same thing happens in the last line of my
signature.

Thanks
MHS

--
Matthew H. Savoie                           Systems Technology Associates
Systems Analyst                          Supporting NOAA Profiler Network

* Re: broken? was: horrid color choices in 5.4.25
@ 1997-03-11 17:31 ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1997-03-11 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

savoie@fsl.noaa.gov (Matthew H. Savoie) writes:

> Not that I don't like the new colors, but is there something new broken with
> the scheme.  I was meeting a friend for drinks at a local brewpub at
> 8:30 and found this line to be hilighted in my *wide reply....* buffer.
> Therefore: I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed?  Should be
> fixed or is just strange behavior.  Same thing happens in the last line of my
> signature.

I think the header highlighting is maybe a little too draconian.  It
should only be highlighting up to the header-seperator line.  I don't
know that this is an easy fix, however.  (Actually, I suspect it is
not.)

--
Michael Duggan
(md5i@schenley.com)