* Gnus Agent saves only some group lists
@ 2004-03-08 20:42 Michael Schierl
From: Michael Schierl @ 2004-03-08 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

sorry if this is a FAQ, I could not find anything about it.

my config (relevant part):

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.individual.de"))
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nntp "news.gmane.org"))
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nntp "news.gnus.org"))
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nntp "news.arcor.de"))

My server buffer looks like this:

     {nntp:news.arcor.de} (offline) (agent)
     {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nntp:news.gnus.org} (offline) (agent)
     {nndoc:gnus-help} (opened)
     {nntp:news.gmane.org} (offline) (agent)
     {nntp:news.individual.de} (offline) (agent)

When i press U in the group buffer, i can complete groups from
my primary select method and from nntp+news.gmane.org

When I type U nttp+news.arcor.de:[tab] i can only complete the groups
i have subscribed. Same for news.gnus.org. `A a' (group-apropos) does
not know these groups either.

I already tried to fetch current active file from all servers with A A
(both when plugged and when unplugged). And I already entered the
servers via RET in the server buffer. Now U could complete all groups,
but when I exited and restart Gnus, the feature was gone again.

What do i have to do to save group lists from these servers offline as
well?

Another thing: is there a way to show my group list filtered (like
e.g. in A a) where i can mark multiple groups with # and subscribe
them (or subscribe a larger subset of them (~10 groups) in another way
without copying&pasting each one)? And why does Gnus try to fetch
group lists when typing A A even when Gnus is unplugged?

TIA,

Michael