From: Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: FIXED: Reproducible agent-related server duplication.
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:31:58 -0600	[thread overview]

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> Gaute B Strokkenes <biggaute@uwc.net> writes:

>>> True. So far, gnus has been internally converting the old format to
>>> the new.  What you probably want to do, but are not required to do,
>>> is edit the list of agentized servers.  That will trigger an update
>>> to the servers file.  So, open the server buffer then use 'J r' and
>>> 'J a' to change which servers are agentized then undo the change.
>>
>> Alas, this doesn't quite seem to work.  I managed to remove and add my
>> gmane entry without problems, but when I try `J r' with my main
>> server, I get "Server not in the agent program".  (Curiously enough `J
>> a' leads to "Server not in the agent program".)  My *Server* buffer
>> looks like:
>>
>>      {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
>>      {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened) (agent)
>>      {nnml:} (opened)
>>      {nntp:nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk} (offline) (agent)
>>
>> News/agent/lib/server:
>> --8<--
>> ("nntp:news.gmane.org" "native")
>> --8<--
>>
>>> Each update will trigger a file update so, when you are done, you'll
>>> have the same list of agentized servers with the updated servers
>>> file.
>>
>> Well, we're getting there, slowly but surely ^_^
>
> Gaute,
> Thanks for the info.  I'm fairly certain that I know the cause (the
> main server is aliased as "native" in the list).  I'll get the fix out
> tomorrow.

OK, a fix has been submitted.  The server buffer isn't using
gnus-method-to-server to generate the server names so it uses names
incompatible with the agent.  I've modified the server buffer to
support both its internally generated name and the name returned by
gnus-method-to-server (this avoids a feature change).  The
gnus-agent-add/remove-server functions were then updated to match.

Kevin