* Ding list quiet?
@ 1999-08-13 13:55 Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 1999-08-13 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

I read the ding list on nntp://sunsite.auc.dk, but it hasn't had any
new articles all week.  I can't believe that all the participants are
asleep for that long - is there a problem with the mail-to-news
gateway?

Is there any alternative source of pgnus news, or must I subscribe by
mail?

[If replying on <URL:mailto:ding@gnus.org>, please CC me for obvious
reasons.  It's not necessary if replying on <URL:news:gnu.emacs.gnus>.
Thanks]

* Re: Ding list quiet?
@ 1999-08-13 14:17 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1999-08-13 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Toby Speight

Toby Speight <Toby.Speight@streapadair.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
> is there a problem with the mail-to-news gateway?

Must be.  I see ~50 articles in the last 5 days to the ding list.

* Re: Ding list quiet?
@ 1999-08-13 14:26   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-08-13 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@justresearch.com> writes:

> Toby Speight <Toby.Speight@streapadair.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
> > is there a problem with the mail-to-news gateway?
>
> Must be.  I see ~50 articles in the last 5 days to the ding list.

If a few Developers would open up the  floor on the "Agent" side, that
would quickly change.  (he he)

* Re: Ding list quiet?
@ 1999-08-13 15:24 ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1999-08-13 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Toby Speight

TS> I read the ding list on nntp://sunsite.auc.dk, but it hasn't had any
TS> new articles all week.

The gateway had been sending back bounces for months now and I finally got
tired of it and removed it from the list.

TS> [If replying on <URL:mailto:ding@gnus.org>, please CC me for obvious
TS> reasons.  It's not necessary if replying on
TS> <URL:news:gnu.emacs.gnus>. Thanks]

"The user has requested not to have copies sent via mail."  Perhaps you
shouldn't include headers to the contrary if you want copies.

 - J<