* unplugged seems not to work
@ 2003-05-12 21:42 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2003-05-12 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I recently upgraded to the latest gnus versions.
But when calling gnus-unplugged, gnus ignores it and try to connect to
the imap and nntp Server.

I have of course (setq gnus-agent t) in my .gnus file and with this
setting unplugged worked for gnus-5.8.8

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: unplugged seems not to work
@ 2003-05-13  5:54 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-05-13  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@eucmos.sim.ucm.es> writes:

> Hello
>
> I recently upgraded to the latest gnus versions.
> But when calling gnus-unplugged, gnus ignores it and try to connect to
> the imap and nntp Server.
>
> I have of course (setq gnus-agent t) in my .gnus file and with this
> setting unplugged worked for gnus-5.8.8

1) You no longer need (setq gnus-agent t) as that is the default.
2) Check that your servers are agentized.  Servers that are NOT
   agentized will ignore gnus-plugged status (i.e. They'll try to
   connect even when you call gnus-unplugged).

Kevin

* Re: unplugged seems not to work
@ 2003-05-13 16:50   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2003-05-13 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> 1) You no longer need (setq gnus-agent t) as that is the default.  2)
> Check that your servers are agentized.  Servers that are NOT
>    agentized will ignore gnus-plugged status (i.e. They'll try to
>    connect even when you call gnus-unplugged).

Thanks, but how do I check this?

Uwe

* Re: unplugged seems not to work
@ 2003-05-13 19:53     ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-05-13 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@eucmos.sim.ucm.es> writes:

> Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:
>

>> 1) You no longer need (setq gnus-agent t) as that is the default.  2)
>> Check that your servers are agentized.  Servers that are NOT
>>    agentized will ignore gnus-plugged status (i.e. They'll try to
>>    connect even when you call gnus-unplugged).
>
> Thanks, but how do I check this?

In the group buffer, enter '^' to open the server buffer. If a server
is agentized, you will see (agent) next to its name.  If you want to
agentize a server, position point on its name then enter 'J a'.  A 'q'
will close the buffer.

Kevin