Hello I once more reworked newmake.bat, which will soon (at least I hope so) replace make.bat and make.x.bat. I now use xcopy instead of copy since it's faster and has the option to work quite, Gnus is now installed in site-lisp respectively site-packages instead of overwriting the Gnus distributed with [X]Emacs and there's more and better readable info for the user. I tested it with Emacs 21.3 and XEmacs 21.4.11 under Windows XP, if anything doesn't work for you drop me a note, otherwise I'll ask someone with CVS access to put it in CVS.