* Big Problme: `J S' while unplugged
@ 2003-02-20  0:15 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-02-20  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just did `J S' (gnus-agent-fetch-group) from my summary buffer while
unplugged.  Suddenly, many of my cached but as-yet-unread articles
were marked expired/deleted (i.e. turned black and seem to be
unretrievable).  Is there a way to get them back, or are they gone for
good?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

* Re: Big Problme: `J S' while unplugged
@ 2003-02-20  6:59 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-02-20  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> I just did `J S' (gnus-agent-fetch-group) from my summary buffer while
> unplugged.  Suddenly, many of my cached but as-yet-unread articles
> were marked expired/deleted (i.e. turned black and seem to be
> unretrievable).  Is there a way to get them back, or are they gone for
> good?

1) Try (gnus-agent-regenerate-group "your.groups.name") Depending on
the version of Oort being used, you might be able to try
(gnus-agent-regenerate-group "your.groups.name" t).  It will also
unread all articles in the agent.

2) Pls report the version that you are running.

3) If it isn't, at least, Oort 0.13 UPGRADE!

Kevin

* Re: Big Problme: `J S' while unplugged
@ 2003-02-20 16:26   ` David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-02-20 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> 1) Try (gnus-agent-regenerate-group "your.groups.name") Depending on
> the version of Oort being used, you might be able to try
> (gnus-agent-regenerate-group "your.groups.name" t).  It will also
> unread all articles in the agent.

It seems to have come back by itself eventually.

> 2) Pls report the version that you are running.

        o0-15 on top of NTEmacs 21.2.1

> 3) If it isn't, at least, Oort 0.13 UPGRADE!

     I guess it is.

Thanks for your attention,
Dave

--

@ 2003-02-21  8:03     ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-02-21  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:
>
>> 1) Try (gnus-agent-regenerate-group "your.groups.name") Depending on
>> the version of Oort being used, you might be able to try
>> (gnus-agent-regenerate-group "your.groups.name" t).  It will also
>> unread all articles in the agent.
>
> It seems to have come back by itself eventually.
>
>> 2) Pls report the version that you are running.
>
>         o0-15 on top of NTEmacs 21.2.1
>
>> 3) If it isn't, at least, Oort 0.13 UPGRADE!
>
>      I guess it is.

Thanks.  This is a strange case.  I tried to reproduce it using Oort
0.15 but encountered entirely different results.  You are correct in
that the 'J S' command should do nothing when unplugged.  That will be
fixed soon.

Kevin