* Re: unseen-or-unread doesn't work anymore.
       [not found] <hh8yxc5kei.fsf@blah.pl>
@ 2003-01-23 13:06 ` Kevin Greiner
       [not found]   ` <hhptqo2dgx.fsf@blah.pl>
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-01-23 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maciej Matysiak <phoner.ding@blah.pl> writes:

> hi,
>
> after cvs update just a while ago
>  (setq gnus-auto-select-subject 'unseen-or-unread)
> doesn't work anymore as expected (but "'unseen" works).

Can you be more specific?  I changed gnus-auto-select-subject to
'unseen-or-unread but wasn't able to see anything wrong.  In my
summary buffer, the first article was 'unread and it was selected.

Kevin

@ 2003-01-23 16:04     ` Kevin Greiner
       [not found]       ` <hhhebzygfi.fsf@blah.pl>
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-01-23 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maciej Matysiak <phoner.ding@blah.pl> writes:

> On the 23rd of January 2003 at 14:06, Kevin Greiner <kgreiner#xpediantsolutions.com> wrote:
>
>>> after cvs update just a while ago
>>>  (setq gnus-auto-select-subject 'unseen-or-unread)
>>> doesn't work anymore as expected (but "'unseen" works).
>> Can you be more specific?
>
> yes. the description for unseen-or-unread says:
>
>  'unseen-or-unread' (place point on the subject line of the first unseen
>   article or, if all article have been seen, on the subject line of the first
>   unread article)
>
> for me, gnus puts the cursor on first unread article, even if there are other
> unseen articles in the summary buffer. that's not how it should be, right?

Maciej,
Thanks, that was just what I needed to know.  I had little to
go by as the function's inline documentation actually read

  "Place the point on the subject line of the first unseen article.
Return nil if there are no unseen articles."

I've fixed the function and updated its documentation. I'll have it
checked in later today.

Kevin

@ 2003-01-23 17:47         ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-01-23 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maciej Matysiak <phoner.ding@blah.pl> writes:

> On the 23rd of January 2003 at 17:04, Kevin Greiner <kgreiner#xpediantsolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> I've fixed the function and updated its documentation. I'll have it checked
>> in later today.
>
> thank you very much for so fast fix :)

Checked in.

Kevin