From: Guido Van Hoecke <Guido.VanHoecke@advalvas.be>
Subject: B m completion
Date: 29 Sep 1999 08:52:20 +0200	[thread overview]

L.S.,

I am using nnimap-0.130, pgnus-0.96 and GNU Emacs 20.4.1
(i386-*-nt5.0.2072) of Thu Jul 15 1999 on gridlock

I use procmail to split my mail into some 10 folders in my imap
directory. After reading this mail, I may decide to move it to any of
some other 20 folders in this same directory.

These 20 folders are also on the gnus-group-default-list-level. I want
to do this so that they are well known to gnus, and I get tab
completion when entering the target folder name.

However, the drawback is that nnimap/gnus queries my imap server for
new mail in each of these folders. This is time consuming and
completely useless: I never have any mail delivered to any of these
folders.

I have edited the virtual server for these groups, and set their
nnimap-get-new-mail to nil.

Now gnus does not query my server, but these groups are now kind of
inactive : the new message count field shows * rather than 0, and they
are not anymore in the completion set when I enter 'B m' to move an
article to one of these groups: I have to type the complete
group name.

Is there a way to still have these goups in the completion set?

While I am at it: is there a way to have the prompt initialised with
the current group 'base' name? All these groups have following name
structure : nnimap+servername:imap/groupname

When issuing a 'B m' or 'B c' on an article, I'd like to be prompted
with 'nnimap+servername:imap/' rather than with 'nnimap+servername:'
as is the case.

Although I am using nnimap, I think that these questions are not
specific to nnimap, so I feel I should post this to the ding list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guido.