* nnimap setting doesn't work in windows?
@ 2006-03-31 17:38 Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-03-31 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have the following setting and it works great in Linux.
,--------------------------------
| (gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
|                                  (nnml "")
| 				   (nnimap "hermes"
| 				   (nnimap-stream ssl)
| 				   (nnimap-address "imap.example.ac.uk"))
| 				   ))
`--------------------------------

Now I move the setting to windows. I got server denied. I don't know
what has gone wrong and there is little information why the server is
denied. How can I set gnus to be more verbose? If you have a fix that
will be even better.

Cheers,
--
Leon

Gnus:Gnus v5.11
Emacs:GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2006-03-20 on
W2ONE

* Re: nnimap setting doesn't work in windows?
@ 2006-03-31 18:48 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-03-31 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Fri, Mar 31 2006, Leon wrote:

> Now I move the setting to windows. I got server denied. I don't know
> what has gone wrong and there is little information why the server is
> denied. How can I set gnus to be more verbose?

See `imap-log' and `imap-debug'.  Be sure to clear passwords when
posting the logs here.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: nnimap setting doesn't work in windows?
@ 2006-03-31 19:44   ` Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-03-31 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Fri, Mar 31 2006, Leon wrote:
>
>> Now I move the setting to windows. I got server denied. I don't know
>> what has gone wrong and there is little information why the server is
>> denied. How can I set gnus to be more verbose?
>
> See `imap-log' and `imap-debug'.  Be sure to clear passwords when
> posting the logs here.
>
> Bye, Reiner.

Thanks a lot Reiner. I have tried all afternoon with no luck. With the
debug information problem solved in a minute. Thanks. For the record,
it turns out openssl is missing in windows.

--
Leon