* [0.73] Unable to send article written in iso-accents-mode.
@ 1999-01-26  1:41 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 1999-01-26  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ OOPS! ... I accidentally sent this out too early ... trying again ... ]

I'm using pgnus-0.73 under XEmacs 21.2-beta4.

I routinely switch in and out of `iso-accents-mode' to compose Spanish
email.  Up until version 0.73, I have been able to send this email
without any problems.

Now, however, before sending out my email, I get prompted with ...

   "Charset used in the article:"

However, no matter what I enter, including "iso-8859-1", I get the
following error ...

   Wrong type argument, symbolp "iso-8859-1"

I looked at the `mm-encode-body' function in `mm-bodies.el', and it
seems to require MULE in order for me to bypass this prompt for the
charset.  However, I have never used MULE and I know very little about
it, and I'm not sure if it even is possible for me to use it in
XEmacs.

Therefore, could someone give me a simple, step-by-step explanation of
what I need to do in order to once again be able to send out my email
composed in `iso-accents-mode'?

Furthermore, I'd like to not have to type the name a charset each and
every time I send out a piece of Spanish email.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: [0.73] Unable to send article written in iso-accents-mode.
@ 1999-01-26  6:28 ` Stefanie Teufel
From: Stefanie Teufel @ 1999-01-26  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 20:41:16 -0500, Lloyd Zusman wrote:

> However, no matter what I enter, including "iso-8859-1", I get the
> following error ...
>
>    Wrong type argument, symbolp "iso-8859-1"

Me too. But without iso-accent-mode and with pgnus-0.72 under XEmacs
21.2-beta8.

> Therefore, could someone give me a simple, step-by-step explanation of
> what I need to do in order to once again be able to send out my email
> composed in `iso-accents-mode'?

I'd like to know what I need to do in order to send out my email in
general with or without iso-accents-mode. Posting is okay and I never
used MULE either.

TIA,

Stefanie
--
"...danke! ich habe schon geglaubt, im ganzen deutschsprachigen raum gibt
 es nur so idioten wie s. teufel, robin,..." (stefanie@postmaster.co.uk)

* Re: [0.73] Unable to send article written in iso-accents-mode.
@ 1999-01-26  7:14 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 1999-01-26  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

 > [ OOPS! ... I accidentally sent this out too early ... trying again ... ]
 > I'm using pgnus-0.73 under XEmacs 21.2-beta4.

 > I routinely switch in and out of `iso-accents-mode' to compose Spanish
 > email.  Up until version 0.73, I have been able to send this email
 > without any problems.

 > Now, however, before sending out my email, I get prompted with ...

 >    "Charset used in the article:"

 > However, no matter what I enter, including "iso-8859-1", I get the
 > following error ...

 >    Wrong type argument, symbolp "iso-8859-1"

 > I looked at the `mm-encode-body' function in `mm-bodies.el', and it
 > seems to require MULE in order for me to bypass this prompt for the
 > charset.  However, I have never used MULE and I know very little about
 > it, and I'm not sure if it even is possible for me to use it in
 > XEmacs.

 > Therefore, could someone give me a simple, step-by-step explanation of
 > what I need to do in order to once again be able to send out my email
 > composed in `iso-accents-mode'?

 > Furthermore, I'd like to not have to type the name a charset each and
 > every time I send out a piece of Spanish email.

The problem lies in mm-read-charset in mm-utils.el.  Lars already said
this will be fixed in 0.74.

For now I use the the following hack as temporary solution until Lars
comes up with 0.74:

(defun mm-read-charset (prompt)
  "Return a charset."
  'iso-8859-1)

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de

* [0.73] Unable to send article written in iso-accents-mode.
@ 1999-01-26  1:31                 ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 1999-01-26  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using pgnus-0.73 under XEmacs 21.2-beta4.

I routinely switch in and out of `iso-accents-mode' to compose Spanish
email.  Up until version 0.73, I have been able to send this email
without any problems.

Now, however, before sending the article I get prompted with
"Charset used in the article:", and no matter what I enter, including
"iso-8859-1", I

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com