* Calling message-mail with various headers to add
@ 1998-08-19  8:05 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 1998-08-19  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to write a function which automatically sets up a mail to a
specific persion/mailing list with Gnus but failed:-(.

For example, evaluating:
(message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail")
I get:
Wrong type argument: listp, "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"

What's wrong with the call?  How can I add other headers besides To
and Subject (which works)?

Thanks,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@alma.student.uni-kl.de

* Re: Calling message-mail with various headers to add
@ 1998-08-19  8:38 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-08-19  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > For example, evaluating:
  > (message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail")
  > I get:
  > Wrong type argument: listp, "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"

Well, obviously, OTHER-HEADERS should be a list.  Maybe like this?

(message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil (list "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"))

kai
--
OOP: object oriented programming;  OOPS: object oriented mistakes

* Re: Calling message-mail with various headers to add
@ 1998-08-19  9:50   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-08-19  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@amaunet.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

>   > For example, evaluating:
>   > (message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail")
>   > I get:
>   > Wrong type argument: listp, "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"
>
> Well, obviously, OTHER-HEADERS should be a list.  Maybe like this?
>
> (message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil (list "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"))

Have you actually tried this?  It doesn't work for me.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: Calling message-mail with various headers to add
@ 1998-08-19 11:51     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-08-19 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@amaunet.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
  > > Well, obviously, OTHER-HEADERS should be a list.  Maybe like this?
  > >
  > > (message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil (list "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"))
  >
  > Have you actually tried this?  It doesn't work for me.

No, I hadn't.  Apparently, OTHER-HEADERS is supposed to be an alist,
like this:

'( (gcc . "nnfolder+archive:out-mail")
   (cc . "jrl@frob.org") )

kai
--

@ 1998-08-19 14:07       ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 1998-08-19 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@amaunet.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
>> > Well, obviously, OTHER-HEADERS should be a list.  Maybe like this?
>> >
>> > (message-mail "ding@gnus.org" nil (list "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:out-mail"))
>>
>> Have you actually tried this?  It doesn't work for me.

Kai> No, I hadn't.  Apparently, OTHER-HEADERS is supposed to be an alist,
Kai> like this:

Kai> '( (gcc . "nnfolder+archive:out-mail")
Kai>    (cc . "jrl@frob.org") )
Thanks a lot for digging this out.  This works now fine for me.

Andreas