* make.bat on Windows 9x/ME
@ 2004-03-01 19:59 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-03-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Michael Schierl reported that tests for directories like...

  if not exist %GNUS_ETC_DIR% mkdir %GNUS_ETC_DIR%

... don't work on Windows 9x/ME.  Instead he suggested to test for the
"nul" entry instead...

  if not exist %GNUS_ETC_DIR%\nul mkdir %GNUS_ETC_DIR%

... which works on Windows 9x/ME.  Could someone test if the new
version (I've just committed Michael's patch) works correctly on
Windows NT/2k/XP, too?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: make.bat on Windows 9x/ME
@ 2004-03-01 23:27 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2004-03-01 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Michael Schierl reported that tests for directories like...
>
>   if not exist %GNUS_ETC_DIR% mkdir %GNUS_ETC_DIR%
>
> ... don't work on Windows 9x/ME.  Instead he suggested to test for the
> "nul" entry instead...
>
>   if not exist %GNUS_ETC_DIR%\nul mkdir %GNUS_ETC_DIR%
>
> ... which works on Windows 9x/ME.  Could someone test if the new
> version (I've just committed Michael's patch) works correctly on
> Windows NT/2k/XP, too?

Looking at it, I'd have to conclude that it can't work.  However,
through the innovations of Microsoft this patch does work on Windows
XP.

Kevin