Kevin Greiner writes: > Frank Schmitt writes: > >> Kevin Greiner writes: >> >>> The compilation buffer ends with >>> "Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Wed Mar 19 08:51:57" >> >> No idea about this one, however this is an Emacs message and I don't >> think we can blame newmake.bat for this. This one comes before the >> processing of info files, does it? > > No. This is the last line in the compilation buffer. Emacs is > reporting the process status returned by the external process just > executed (i.e. newmake). Emacs follows the Unix convention that a > zero status indicates normal completion while a non-zero status > indicates an error. Inspired by your post, I added error handling to newmake.bat (it checks for the returncodes of the programs it calls and if there are errors, it reports where they occurred and sets ERRORLEVEL to one, if there are no errors it sets ERRORLEVEL to 0. Here we go: