* Problem with mailing-list digests in latest Oort
@ 2003-04-01 13:14 Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2003-04-01 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed this problem started with the CVS Oort about 1-2 days ago.
I'm subscribed to a mailing list that sends out digests.  When I
receive a digest, I go into the nnml group that contains hit and do a
`gnus-summary-read-document' to expand the digest into its separate
messages.  Starting the other day, when I expand the digest, this is
what my summary buffer looks like:

 . [ 178: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <* mixed> MANNLIST digest 1773
 .   [  12: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <1 text>
 .   [ 156: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.* digest>
 .     [  93: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.1 text>
 .     [  34: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.2 text>
 .     [  22: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.3 text>

Notice that the subjects are incorrect (in fact, they look like MIME
types).  The article buffers for the individual messages are also
incorrect.  It seems like something in the parsing code has broken
recently.  I'm attaching one of the digests to this message.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul             /\/     "how young are you, how old am i?
emerick@cs.bu.edu         /\/      let's count the rings around my eyes."
------------------------------------------------- 'i will dare', the mats

[-- Attachment #2: broken digest --]

From nobody Tue Apr  1 08:09:11 2003
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 06:00:07 CST
Sender: owner-mannlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu
From: Aimee Mann listproc <mannlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu>
To: Aimee Mann listproc <mannlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: MANNLIST digest 1773

----__ListProc__NextPart__1049025607524512803

			    MANNLIST Digest 1773

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) Re: More Aimee US concert dates
	by Brian Becker <beckerbp@netscape.net>
  2) Re: More Aimee US concert dates
	by Karmapolice1287@aol.com
  3) Munic Show fotos(Muffathalle 27.2.2003)
	by Peter Kullnigg <peter@kullnigg.com>

----__ListProc__NextPart__1049025607524512803

----__ListProc__NextPart____MANNLIST__digest_1773

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:10:58 -0800
From: Brian Becker <beckerbp@netscape.net>
To: mannlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: More Aimee US concert dates

--------------020102050304080608000509

The Mountain Winery is fantastic. SFBA and NORCAL fans, according to
their web site, their schedule
<http://www.mountainwinery.com/schedule.html> will be finalized and
published on April Fools Day, and tickets go on sale April 6 on TM.

sr_st@hotmail.com wrote:

> We have some summer concert dates.  Obviously its pretty early so they
> may change:
>
> 7/24    Verizon Music Festival    Los Angeles
> 7/27    The Mountain Winery    Saratoga, CA
> 8/17     Newport Folk Festival    Newport, RI
> 8/20     Central Park SummerStage    New York City
> 8/21    Cape Cod Melody Tent    Hyannis, MA
> 8/22    South Shore Music Circus    Cohasset, MA
>
> Also remember 5/3 at the Nashville River Stages Festival and 5/4 at
> Music Midtown Atlanta. We should have more soon.
>

> SuperEgo Records Street Team

--------------020102050304080608000509

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
The Mountain Winery is fantastic. SFBA and NORCAL fans, according to their
web site, their <a href="http://www.mountainwinery.com/schedule.html">schedule</a>
will be finalized and published on April Fools Day, and tickets go on sale
April 6 on TM.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:sr_st@hotmail.com">sr_st@hotmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
dates.&nbsp; Obviously its pretty early so they may  change: <br>
7/24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Verizon Music Festival&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Los Angeles <br>
7/27&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Mountain Winery&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Saratoga, CA <br>
8/17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Newport Folk Festival&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Newport, RI <br>
8/20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Central Park SummerStage&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; New York City <br>
8/21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cape Cod Melody Tent&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hyannis, MA <br>
8/22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; South Shore Music Circus&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cohasset, MA <br>
Also remember 5/3 at the Nashville River Stages Festival and 5/4 at Music
 Midtown Atlanta. We should have more soon. <br>
SuperEgo Records Street Team <br>
_________________________________________________________________ <br>
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail">http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail</a>

From: Karmapolice1287@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:02:57 EST
To: mannlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu

--part1_1c6.777059d.2bb71db1_boundary

Any more info on the L.A. Verizon Music Festival? I'd love to go, but I
wouldn't just go to see Aimee do a small set if there's no one else worthy of
listening to.

Thx,

--part1_1c6.777059d.2bb71db1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" FACE=
=3D"Comic Sans MS" LANG=3D"0">Any more info on the L.A. Verizon Music Festiv=
al? I'd love to go, but I wouldn't just go to see Aimee do a small set if th=
ere's no one else worthy of listening to.<BR>
<BR>
Thx,<BR>
M</FONT></HTML>

From: Peter Kullnigg <peter@kullnigg.com>
To: mannlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Munic Show fotos(Muffathalle 27.2.2003)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:45:17 +0200

Hy,

I finally managed to upload the pictures I made at the gig in the muffathalle.

http://www.inflammable.org/photoalbum/thumbnails.php?album=7&header=Muffathalle%2027.2.2003

enjoy,

Peter
--
"What came first - the music or the misery?"
                                  High Fidelity

----__ListProc__NextPart____MANNLIST__digest_1773--
----__ListProc__NextPart__1049025607524512803--

* Re: Problem with mailing-list digests in latest Oort
@ 2003-04-01 16:34 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-01 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

>  . [ 178: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <* mixed> MANNLIST digest 1773
>  .   [  12: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <1 text>
>  .   [ 156: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.* digest>
>  .     [  93: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.1 text>
>  .     [  34: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.2 text>
>  .     [  22: Aimee Mann listproc    ] <2.3 text>

According to the text of the message, this looks correct.

The list server is sending MIME that makes Gnus render like this.
Look at the source code of the message (C-u g).  You'll see that the
whole thing is multipart/mixed, and each message starts with a
separator and then an empty line and then the message itself.

Before the empty line there should be a line like

then Gnus would grok the contents.  But since the Content-Type header
is missing, text/plain is assumed.

@ 2003-04-01 17:24 ` David S Goldberg
From: David S Goldberg @ 2003-04-01 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not sure what might have broken with gnus-summary-read-document,
but I use gnus-summary-enter-digest-group (C-d) for a couple of lists
that I receive as digests and that still works for me in the latest
oort.
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: Problem with mailing-list digests in latest Oort
@ 2003-04-01 21:15   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2003-04-01 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann writes:

> According to the text of the message, this looks correct.

> The list server is sending MIME that makes Gnus render like this.
> Look at the source code of the message (C-u g).  You'll see that the
> whole thing is multipart/mixed, and each message starts with a
> separator and then an empty line and then the message itself.

> Before the empty line there should be a line like

> then Gnus would grok the contents.  But since the Content-Type header
> is missing, text/plain is assumed.

That's odd, because I have some saved messages from earlier this week
that worked with older versions of Oort, but they no longer work with
the latest version of Oort out of CVS.  I can certainly ask the list
maintainer to update the digests, but has something in the digest code
changed recently (just out of curiousity)?

@ 2003-04-02 11:42     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-02 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> but has something in the digest code changed recently (just out of
> curiousity)?

Not that I know of -- but see lisp/ChangeLog for the full story :-)