From: David S Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:29:10 -0400	[thread overview]

> I can set mail-self-blind to get "Bcc: kais.address" in outgoing
> messages.  But I have a special group where I'd rather like to have
> "Cc: some.mailinglist".

> I've tried to frob the posting style for the group, saying (("Gcc" .
> nil) ("Cc" . "some.mailinglist")).  But this does not work as I like,
> because it also removes other recipients that I would like to keep.

> The behavior I'm looking for is: After I've hit R or F (or S W or S
> V), add the following address to the list of recipients if not yet
> present.

> How to do that?

I don't have a complete answer, but this might help.  I have had
difficulty getting mml-secure-message-encrypt-smime to work with
multiple addresses.  However mml-secure-encrypt-smime works because it
prompts for each address and certificate file.  Going through the
prompts is tiresome and occasionally error prone.  However the
function that does the prompting is akin to a hook and so can be
replaced.  I did so with one that parses the headers into a list of
bare addresses (I use the address with .pem tagged as the name of the
certificate file).  The piece that creates this list could, I think,
be used in a posting style that tests the value of gnus-article-reply
and if t, creates the list, searches for the mailing-list address and
adds it if it isn't already there.  To build the list of addresses I
did the following:

(mapcar 'cadr (mail-extract-address-components
			    (concat (message-fetch-field "to") ","
				    (message-fetch-field "cc")) t))

I hope that is helpful.

--