* XEmacs: Symbol's function definition is void: rfc822-goto-eoh
@ 2001-10-20 16:58 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2001-10-20 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Older XEMacs versions don't have rfc822-goto-eoh, it was introduced in
August into the XEmacs Packages repository and distributions will take
some time to include it.

The current Gnus CVS version uses the function - can we either add the
function somewhere, e.g. as (from the XEmacs package):
(when (not (fboundp 'rfc822-goto-eoh))
  (defun rfc822-goto-eoh ()
    ;; Go to header delimiter line in a mail message, following RFC822 rules
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (while (looking-at "^[^: \n]+:\\|^[ \t]")
      (forward-line 1))
    (point)))

or check whether it's available before using it?  Currently it's
difficult to edit messages since rfc822-goto-eoh is missing :-(

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: XEmacs: Symbol's function definition is void: rfc822-goto-eoh
@ 2001-10-20 21:45 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-10-20 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> Older XEMacs versions don't have rfc822-goto-eoh, it was introduced in
> August into the XEmacs Packages repository and distributions will take
> some time to include it.

It will take longer to include Oort Gnus, so please use
`rfc822-goto-eoh' where it is appropriate instead of duplicating code
and hardcoded regexps.

If nothing else, at least consider `message-goto-eoh'.

* Re: XEmacs: Symbol's function definition is void: rfc822-goto-eoh
@ 2001-10-21  8:33   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2001-10-21  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It will take longer to include Oort Gnus, so please use
> `rfc822-goto-eoh' where it is appropriate instead of duplicating code
> and hardcoded regexps.

I think the change I submitted is cleaner, after all, a message buffer
does not have rfc822 syntax.

The new code also ought to be considerably faster.