* broken-reply-to suggestion
@ 2000-02-23  0:32 Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 2000-02-23  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've realized that broken-reply-to will cause some minor lossage in a
group if a sendor sets their own Reply-To header.  I think it would be
nice if the to-address or to-list were set, only ignore the reply-to
if it matched.  What do others think?

262 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes, 17 till we run away.
Satire is what closes in New Haven.

* Re: broken-reply-to suggestion
@ 2000-02-23 11:41 ` Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 2000-02-23 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan> Alan T. Shutko <URL:mailto:ats@acm.org>

0> In article <m3n1osn4g8.fsf@acm.org>, Alan wrote:

Alan> I've realized that broken-reply-to will cause some minor lossage
Alan> in a group if a sendor sets their own Reply-To header.  I think
Alan> it would be nice if the to-address or to-list were set, only
Alan> ignore the reply-to if it matched.  What do others think?

A good idea, though IME broken-reply-to lists tend to insert their
own Reply-To even if the author has set it.  But there may be some
less-badly behaved, so worth fixing.

* Re: broken-reply-to suggestion
@ 2000-02-23 11:55 ` Bud Rogers
From: Bud Rogers @ 2000-02-23 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> 262 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes, 17 till we run away.

OK, you have my curiosity fully aroused.  Other than Veteran's Day, what
happens Nov. 11?

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>  http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html

Though all my neighbors are barbarians, and you are a thousand miles away,
there are always two cups on my table.

* Re: broken-reply-to suggestion
@ 2000-02-23 13:23   ` Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 2000-02-23 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Toby Speight <Toby.Speight@streapadair.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> A good idea, though IME broken-reply-to lists tend to insert their
> own Reply-To even if the author has set it.  But there may be some
> less-badly behaved, so worth fixing.

I'm on a bunch which will set Reply-To unless the author has specified
one, so they are out there.

262 days, 2 hours, 12 minutes, 24 till we run away.
Somewhere, just out of sight, the unicorns are gathering.