* nnslashdot doesn't work now?
@ 2003-05-08 13:59 Robin Hu
From: Robin Hu @ 2003-05-08 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi gnus gurus:
   In gnus 5.10.1, nnslashdot still not work properly, it says "please
   retrieve a new version of nnslashdot." Is there any exists work on
   this problem, or I have to learn emacs lisp myself first?

   btw: I am using w3 version 4.0pre47, is that ok for nnslashdot?

        thanks.
--
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps.  The goal of nature
is to build better mice.

* Re: nnslashdot doesn't work now?
@ 2003-05-11 15:21 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-05-11 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On  8 mai 2003, Robin Hu wrote:

>  Hi gnus gurus:
>  In gnus 5.10.1, nnslashdot still not work properly, it says "please
>  retrieve a new version of nnslashdot." Is there any exists work on
>  this problem, or I have to learn emacs lisp myself first?
>
>  btw: I am using w3 version 4.0pre47, is that ok for nnslashdot?

Give us a backtrace of the problem, it would be of help :)

>  thanks.

zeDek
--
http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site

Anti-war disclaimer:
	"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: nnslashdot doesn't work now?
@ 2003-05-13  2:54   ` Robin Hu
From: Robin Hu @ 2003-05-13  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Xavier> Give us a backtrace of the problem, it would be of help :)

  I'd like to, but how? nnslashdot just said that word, and leave *Message*
  blank ;-(. And btw, the same combination of gnus and emacs works
  perfect on my linux box, so this problem seems to be platform dependent.

* Re: nnslashdot doesn't work now?
@ 2003-05-13  7:46     ` Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2003-05-13  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robin Hu <huxw@knight.6test.edu.cn> writes:

>     Xavier> Give us a backtrace of the problem, it would be of help :)
>
>   I'd like to, but how? nnslashdot just said that word, and leave *Message*
>   blank ;-(. And btw, the same combination of gnus and emacs works
>   perfect on my linux box, so this problem seems to be platform dependent.

What is the platform you are having problems with?

Maybe it is related to the problems I am having on
cygwin/Windows 2000 where my proxy settings are not
seen by pgg-gpg.

Are you behind a proxy?

Niklas

* Re: nnslashdot doesn't work now?
@ 2003-05-13  9:47       ` Robin Hu
From: Robin Hu @ 2003-05-13  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Niklas> Robin Hu <huxw@knight.6test.edu.cn> writes:

    Niklas> What is the platform you are having problems with?

    This problem appear on my win 2003 + Emacs 21.3.50 + Gnu 5.10.1 +
    w3 4.0pre47.

    I guess this problem is something related to w3, since I found w3
    need some work around to work on windows with chinese font name. I
    have successfully let w3 run, but nnshlashdot is still broken. ;-(

    Niklas> Maybe it is related to the problems I am having on
    Niklas> cygwin/Windows 2000 where my proxy settings are not seen by
    Niklas> pgg-gpg.

    I have to access internet throught a nat. But it shouldn't do
    matter, I think.