* Connecting to rss on password protected website
@ 2007-12-07  8:50 Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2007-12-07  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I use G R to make rss feeds available in gnus. Is it possible to add a
group on a webpage that requires password?

tia,
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html

* Re: Connecting to rss on password protected website
@ 2007-12-07 16:59 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-12-07 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Brian Elmegaard <be@mek.dtu.dk> writes:

> I use G R to make rss feeds available in gnus. Is it possible to add a
> group on a webpage that requires password?

No.  Can you add such feeds on other feed readers?

--
Bastien

* Re: Connecting to rss on password protected website
@ 2007-12-07 22:29   ` Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2007-12-07 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> No.  Can you add such feeds on other feed readers?

I don't know. I have never tried anything but gnus.

--

@ 2007-12-12 12:25 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-12-12 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 07:50:24 -0100 Brian Elmegaard wrote:

> I use G R to make rss feeds available in gnus. Is it possible to add a
> group on a webpage that requires password?

It's possible with

(setq nnrss-use-local t)

and using wgets --user and --password options.

David

* Re: Connecting to rss on password protected website
@ 2007-12-13  9:16   ` Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2007-12-13  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> It's possible with
>
> (setq nnrss-use-local t)
>
> and using wgets --user and --password options.

This looks as the way to go. But, I think I need a little more
guidance.

1: Will it work in windows? The download script seems to be a unix
shell script.

2: What should I do with the script? What makes gnus use it?

--

@ 2007-12-13 10:51     ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-12-13 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:16:05 -0100 Brian Elmegaard wrote:

> David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> It's possible with
>>
>> (setq nnrss-use-local t)
>>
>> and using wgets --user and --password options.
>
> This looks as the way to go. But, I think I need a little more
> guidance.
>
> 1: Will it work in windows? The download script seems to be a unix
> shell script.

I don't know, but there is a wget or curl or similar program for
windows, isn't it?  The script is so simple that I suspect it's easily
portable to the DOS shell.

> 2: What should I do with the script? What makes gnus use it?

I run it from my crontab (so it runs automatically every half an hour
here), I have no idea if there is something similar on windows.  Gnus
then automatically finds the downloaded rss feeds in `nnrss-directory'.

David

* Re: Connecting to rss on password protected website
@ 2007-12-15 20:43       ` Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2007-12-15 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> I don't know, but there is a wget or curl or similar program for
> windows, isn't it?

Yes, I have wget and now I understand that the point is to download a
local copy of the feed page. Thanks.