From: Frank Schmitt <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net>
Subject: Re: gnus bugs tracking
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:49:21 +0100	[thread overview]

> Adding meta-data management to the current gnus.gnus-bug is one useful
> improvement I can see.  Like, e.g., making it possible to enter the
> summary buffer and list all "open" bugs, and be able to "close" them
> somehow.  I'm not sure how to best implement this though.  With IMAP
> it would have been simple, by using "gnus-bug-open", "gnus-bug-fixed",
> "gnus-bug-wontfix" etc flags on the messages.

Well, you could do it the hard way by allowing the developers to
supersede the messages (only changing a X-bug-status header), but this
most probably won't work because of cancel-lock (well, we could tell
Gnus not to generate cancel-locks when creating a gnus-bug message).

The other option would be the following:
1) Every message created by M-x gnus-bug gets a special header like

2) If you e.g. fixed the bug you call a function gnus-bug-fixed with
point over the message which creates a mail buffer with

Other possible bug statuses would be
e.g. [fixed], [in-work], [postponed], [infos-missing], [no-bug]

3) If you want to see all open bugs, you look for every message with

This shouldn't be too hard to implement, but would probably mean two
runs over all headers (however, gnus-bug isn't very crowded, so this
should be not too slow).

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them