* How do I interrupt attachment downloading over imap?
@ 2002-10-23  9:30 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-10-23  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Prerequisites: nnimap backend, latest gnus from cvs.

Sometimes people send me large attachments. When I view
their message in gnus it will take a long time to download
the attachment. If, after having selected a message with a
large attachment, I want to abort the viewing of the message
pressing `C-g' only interrupts the download temporarily.
Once I select a different message to view, or exit the
group, the download is resumed.

On a related note, pressing `R' or `r' in the Summary buffer
to reply to a message with an attachment will also force the
(oh so slow) download of the entire attachment, which seems
a bit unecessary. (This happens if the article is not
currently selected.)

Is there a way to:

a) Abort downloading of attachments once started?
b) Don't download attachments when replying to messages?

Niklas