From: Niranjan Rao <niranjan@adviceamerica.com>
Subject: IMAP Problems
Date: 10 Apr 2002 15:00:19 -0700	[thread overview]

Hello,

gnus-version Gnus v5.9.0
emacs-version 21.2.1 on Windows 2K Server

I tried connecting to MS Exchange IMAP server using
following settings

(gnus-select-method (quote (nnimap "AAMAIN"
(nnimap-authenticator login) (nnimap-stream ssl)
(nnimap-server-port 143) (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX")))))

and

(gnus-secondary-select-methods (quote ((nnimap "AAMAIN"
(nnimap-authenticator anonymous) (nnimap-stream SSL)
(nnimap-list-pattern ("Inbox"))))))

through customization. The buffers for logging are also
activated using
(setq imap-log "*imap-log*")
(setq imap-debug "*imap-debug*")
(setq nnimap-debug "*nnimap-debug*")

The log seems to show that gnus is able to connect to the
server though I never saw *imap-log* buffer being
created. As suggested in some of the articles I searched
through google, I tried imap-open function as follows

(imap-open "AAMAIN")
it returns
" *imap* AAMAIN:0"

My problem is after showing the message of executing openssl
program gnus/emacs just hangs. It of course comes out after
hitting Ctrl-G. I have verified server name and port number
as Outlook express is able to connect to the imap server
using the same port and log on using secure password
authentication checked.

Am I doing something wrong ? I'll be glad to
post contents from any debug buffers if some one wants to
examine it.

-- Niranjan

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens
when you turn on the headlights?