* pgnus 0.99 losing all ticked articles
@ 1999-12-02 23:48 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1999-12-02 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I frequently mark as unread articles that go through my inbox that I need
to give further attention.  At this time I have about 300 of them, out of
23000 messages in my inbox.

Every so often, not repeatable but _always_ after just ticking one
additional article, Gnus will lose track of all ticked articles excepting
the most recent one.  This tends to get me into big trouble when I lose
track of something I really needed to do.

This bug has been around.  I was stuck at 0.65 for ages because of the
mail-source changes, but this bug bit me again and so I went ahead and
upgraded, hoping to find it fixed.  (No sense reporting a bug in an old
version.)  But it just hit again.  I just found out that pgnus was at an
end, and it would be bad if this is a generally seen bug that was allowed
to slip out.

Has anyone else seen this bug at all?  If I'm the only one then I'll look
for something in my setup; otherwise I'll try to dig a bit more.

 - J<

* Re: pgnus 0.99 losing all ticked articles
@ 1999-12-03 11:10 ` Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 1999-12-03 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason> Jason L. Tibbitts, III <URL:mailto:tibbs@math.uh.edu>

0> In article <ufawvqwkipu.fsf@epithumia.math.uh.edu>, Jason wrote:

Jason> Every so often, not repeatable but _always_ after just ticking
Jason> one additional article, Gnus will lose track of all ticked
Jason> articles excepting the most recent one.  This tends to get me
Jason> into big trouble when I lose track of something I really needed
Jason> to do.

When I had this problem, it was because I was moving point from the
summary buffer in one of my hooks (gnus-summary-exit-hook).  Adding a
save-excursion around my code solved the problem.

Probably not the problem as yours, but worth a check anyway.