* Incoming mail screwed up by Gnus .80
@ 1999-03-12 20:07 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-03-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm using nnml mail backend reading from POP w/pgnus .80, with some
basic mail splitting. A message got into my junk group today which
looked like (and actually was) a part of a normal mail message. The
problem was (I think) that it was a message whose body had an empty
line followed by a line starting with the word "From blah-blah-blah".
Seems like gnus decided that it was the beginning of a new mail
message, and screwed up things accordingly. Which got me thinking -
how *does* gnus decide where is the start of the next mail message in
an "IncomingXXX" file? I looked at the "IncomingXXX" files in my
~/Mail dir and did not see any dots by themselves or anything else.
Does it by design looks just for empty lines followed by "^From"? Or
am I missing something? In any case, the screwup in my case was real,
and I can provide both the "IncomingXXX" and the parsed message files
if needed.

--
Cheers,
-Dima.