From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu>
Cc: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
Subject: Re: E-mail abuse report (was: Now available.)
Date: 05 Dec 1998 13:35:47 -0600	[thread overview]

LMI> Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no> writes:
>> Lars, I think we should set up the ding list so that it is closed to
>> non-subscribers.

I'm not sure who 'we' is in this context, since I am the owner of the list
in question and it's run from a machine here in Houston, Texas.

I can close the list to nonmembers rather trivially, but that gets in the
way of folks who post from multiple addresses (like Lars) which I can cope
with although it takes more of my time.  I could also move the list over to
a Majordomo2 server now instead of after I'm more certain of the stability
of the software, but then you'd have to put up with any bugs.  (Majordomo2
lets you folks who post from multiple addresses note that fact, among other
things.)

Is it worth the trouble to filter out the staggeringly huge amount of one
spam every few months that gets by my mountain of filters and the filters
at Gnus.org?  I just run, not govern; you folks decide.

I do wonder, though, if spam coming through ifi.uio.no is treated any
differently then spam coming directly to gnus.org?

 - J<