* A second try at this
@ 1996-03-04 20:20 d. hall
From: d. hall @ 1996-03-04 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding-request, ding

* Re: A second try at this
@ 1996-03-05 20:17 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-05 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d. hall

dhall@illusion.apk.net (d. hall) writes:

> Anyways I've noticed the ding-recent archive hasn't been updated, and I've
> resorted to using Lars' ifi ftp site for a nndir newsgroup (finally
> resorting to mailing to ding-request which didn't seem to work).  I didn't
> see any listing of how I should make a subject or body line since according
> to WWW, I just have to email to ding-request to be appended to the list.

Uhm.  I can't seem to parse that paragraph.

ding-request is just an alias for me.  I process the messages to that
address once in a while, which means that requests to be added/taken
off the list aren't acted upon at once.

* Re: A second try at this
@ 1996-03-11 21:43 ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1996-03-11 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dhall

dh> Anyways I've noticed the ding-recent archive hasn't been updated,

Oops.  This was my fault; I got hung up on a Procmailism, namely that if
you deliver to a list of folders in one recipe, LASTFOLDER is set to the
first in the list, not the last.  What ever happened to "least surprise"?

Unfortunately, nobody told me about the problem until today so it didn't
get fixed until today.  Perhaps the archive group needs more explicit
documentation?

All of the articles are there; the problem was with the .overview file.
Everything should be back to normal.

dh> Has the US site for ding-recent been shutdown or just a mail delivery
dh> problem?

Just a little problem.  Things are OK now.

dh> (sorry to spam but I don't know the email address of the maintainer for
dh> the recent and list archive).

That's me.  It does need to be put in the documentation somewhere, though.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center