From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Please, we need a header back, soon!
Date: 09 Nov 2006 09:44:13 -0600	[thread overview]

ZC> This list has recently lost all headers which we could use to
ZC> split it properly.

All of that effort to complain, and yet no effort to complain to the
proper place?  You should always contact the list owner about such
things.  And, of course, depending on something nonstandard like
Sender: isn't really the best thing.  In the past I always used the
Envelope sender for that purpose, but there's still no guarantee that
won't change.  (Messages from this list should appear with variable
envelope senders, but you can still pattern match.)

Fortunately there's a standard header for these things.  I have added
a List-ID: header for you to filter on.  (Sorry if a couple of
messages went out with the header showing "lists.math.uh.edu" instead
of "gnus.org".)

 - J<